9 April 2017

Osaka Embroidered Jacket with Leopard Print Pointy-Collar Top

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your supportive response to my last blog post. I truly appreciate your positive messages. Are you enjoying spring so far? If you're anything like me, you're making the most of it and not wanting to miss a single moment of it!

I'm super-excited to share this outfit with you, after taking these pictures last weekend. This is my first official spring outfit of the season, and it was lovely getting a chance to wear my Osaka embroidered jacket at last. I got the jacket during the post-Christmas sales from Oasis, after having my eye on it for several months. Although it was from the autumn / winter collection 2016 and intended for the party season, it was distinctly summery, with contrast sleeves in cream. As it's made from a lightweight satin-like material, it was much too light for winter wear. The embroidery is really special with a strong Oriental influence, which I love as you know, and the embroidery also covers the back of the jacket and is very intricate and detailed. The level of detail is impressive, and is captured close-up in some of the images below. Overall, with the sales reduction, and the 10% discount from my NUS extra card, I got the jacket for better than half price. (As I work at a university, I can buy the NUS extra card for £12 for twelve months, and it offers various high street discounts, so it's definitely worth it.) If you're looking for a jacket like this, fear not, as the embroidered bomber jacket trend is still going strong this season, and I've included a link at the end of this post to a similar jacket. There's also a good variety of embroidered bomber jackets on Ebay.

For this outfit, I wore my leopard print top which has a pointy white collar, paired with dark denim. To complete the look, I added crystal Art-Deco inspired drop earrings, which I bought many years ago, my sunglasses with leopard print round frames, and my beloved swan bag. You can see another Oriental-inspired look paired with leopard print in an earlier post here (This Twilight Garden). I took those pictures at the same location, but in the depths of winter, so it was lovely to see how different the landscape looks in winter, and spring.

What do you think of my outfit? How would you incorporate Oriental elegance into your look? Please let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for dropping by and see you soon. Lots of love Saba xx
Jacket - Oasis (similar)
Blouse - similar
Jeans - similar
Trainers - similar
Bag - similar
Earrings - similar
Sunglasses - Foster Grant (exact)

Related posts

12 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous embroidered jacket - amazing you got it on such a good discount, it's really lovely I'm surprised there were any left in the sale! Maybe like you said as it was too thin for winter. Great you can wear it now though, it's nice with your denim :)

    Hope you are having a lovely start to the week so far.

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mica, I'm really glad you love the jacket! My week has been hectic so far, but good! I hope you're having a great week too! Xx

      Delete
  2. I would have been excited to wear this jacket too, it's gorgeous! I really like the print on it with the embroidery. It pairs well with jeans! I really hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead, Saba! xx.

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lorna! I'm so glad you like the jacket! I hope you have a fab weekend too. xx

      Delete
  3. I like very much bomber jacket and yours it's great :-)
    have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emma for your super-sweet comment. I hope you're having a lovely weekend as well! xx

      Delete
  4. The bomber jacket with those prints is really nice and delicate...moreover can emphasize your style and passion for oriental culture.
    The bag, with swan gems, it's my favorite piece....I really like it!!!
    Wish you a nice Sunday!
    Hugs
    Sophia
    www.sophiasfashiondiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophia! Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I'm so glad you like these pieces, and the Oriental influence! I hope you're having a fabulous weekend too. xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Saba! Just stopping by to wish you a very happy Monday!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by Lorna! I'm very sorry for the late reply. I hope you have a fabulous week ahead! xx

      Delete
  6. This jacket is a true eyecatcher! I could imagine styling it with a lot of different pieces...what a great find!
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christina! I'm thrilled that you like the jacket as much as me! xx

      Delete