31 January 2016

Keeping My Composure

I'm excited to share these images with you, which I took yesterday just before the sun went down. I wore my brand new leopard print furry coat, which I bought in the Oliver Bonas sale and saved almost £50 on, and paired it with my stripy jumper with pink graffiti hearts. A heart print jumper like this is also ideal for Valentine's Day, which is approaching soon. I added my favourite going-out bag with the swan clasp, my crystal heart hair slide, and trademark sunglasses. The coat is quite a bold look for me, but I instantly loved it. I thought carefully about whether I should buy it, as I wanted to be sure it wasn't an impulse buy, and I really would wear it. But a week after trying it on, I was still thinking about it, so I took myself back to the store and luckily they still had it in my size! As the print has lots of neutral tones in it, I'm hopeful I'll be able to wear it with lots of items in my wardrobe. I feel a bit like one of the cast members from Jerseylicious while wearing this coat! Do you ever watch that show? I'm totally hooked on it, and I love the larger-than-life personalities and over-the-top fashion! The coat reminds me of something Gigi would wear, and I've always admired her dress sense. Anyway, I felt the coat really deserved a dedicated outfit post, so I braved the cold to capture these images.

The day started off very bright, and I was hopeful I'd be able to get some shots of the jumper on its own. But it was so much colder outside than I'd anticipated, and I definitely needed to keep the coat on! My hands got really numb. Hopefully I kept my composure enough, so I don't have a pained expression in the photos!

What's your take on animal print? Does it evoke any strong opinions?! How do you feel about incorporating leopard print into your everyday attire? Do leave your comments below, and let me know your thoughts. And you can see some of my other animal print looks by clicking the links at the end of this post.

Thanks for reading and have a lovely week!






Jumper - BHS(similar)
Trousers - Principles Petite by Ben De Lisi
Coat - Oliver Bonas
Bag - Amazon
Footwear - Lonsdale
Hair slide - Fenwick
Sunglasses - Ted Baker at T.K Maxx (similar)
Bow stud earrings - Outfi(similar)
Watch -Sekonda (similar)

Related posts



28 comments:

  1. I like animal print clothing... this jacket is really cute, it looks wonderful on you xoz ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Launna, that really is very sweet of you. Thank you for your visit!

      Xx

      Delete
  2. Love how you paired that clutch with your outfit! and the jacket looks very comfy and chic on you! xx

    www.crystalchiffon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angela! I'm really glad you like the look. Thanks for dropping by!

      Xx

      Delete
  3. That's a cute jacket and I love that bag!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the striped top and those pants. The glasses are great, too!

    Feel free to visit my blog: http://sunmoonstyle.blogspot.co.at/2016/02/white-faux-fur-collar-and-leopard.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your positive comment. I've visited your blog too, and I'm loving your latest leopard-print look!

      x

      Delete
  5. love this look, really great coat!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to wish you a very happy Monday!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorna! I hope you're having a fab week so far!

      Xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pics, as usual, Saba! Love how you mixed the animal print with stripes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mikayla! I'm glad you like the outfit.

      Delete
  8. Love the swan clasp on your purse ~ what a special piece! :D ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bonita! I like to think of it as my lucky swan bag!

      Xx

      Delete
  9. you look great!love the coat and the bag!!
    Dheera <3

    stylepanorama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dheera, for your visit and lovely comment.

      x

      Delete
  10. The jacket looks gorgeous on you :) Leopard suits you a lot! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stopping by to wish you a happy weekend!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments you leave me still :) :)

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Lorna! It's always really lovely to visit your blog and see what you're doing.

      Xx

      Delete
  13. I keep coming back to check and see if you have a new post yet, he he! Do you know when one will be?

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorna! Thanks so much for your interest. Just to let you know, my latest post is now showing on the blog.

      p.s - I left some comments on your blog yesterday, but the internet seems to have eaten them up! Hopefully they'll reappear soon!

      Xx

      Delete
  14. It was brave of you to go out in the cold to shoot those photos! I guess that's #fashionbloggerlife :) Sometimes you're too hot, sometimes you're freezing, but you still have to look natural on the photo and try to hide your shivers/sweat!

    Bold Bliss
    http://boldblissblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very good point! When it comes to taking outfit photos, it's often a case of style before comfort! Thank you so much for dropping by!

      Xx

      Delete